Saturday, October 25, 2014

it's 2014!


Well, at least nobody can criticise me for blogging too much.

It's 2014!!
Where does the time go?
I'm sure you're curious: the answer is YES; I am STILL living in London.

Coming back to the blog now kind of makes sense, since I'm figuring out a new life here.

The mass exodus of my nearest and dearest from London means that I am starting over, kindof. My best friends have moved away; mostly back home - their jobs having changed, their English husbands in tow, they returned to the states to raise their children among family.

No more college friends living here for grad school, no more fellow new yorkers to roll my eyes at when the guy at the deli tries to butter my bagel before putting the cream cheese on it. My book club is disbanded, my evenings are pretty free AND I'm really going to have to throw myself into my work!

Tthese last few years have been wonderful. My kid is in school, and loving it. I have successfully navigated my way around the British educational system. I'm not saying I like it of course, but I get it.

We have expanded our tiny family to include a tiny dog - which is very British of us. You can take your dog ANYWHERE here, to pubs, parks, restaurants, cafes, shops... our dog is often walking around "off her LEAD" (without her leash) free to roam the parks and forests (there are no forests just the heath) and well behaved enough to come back to us when called. Even the dogs have good manners.

We've spent summers in New York, running wild in the city... suddenly free to relax, be silly and speak openly with strangers.

But I will Keep Calm & Carry On... maybe blog a little bit about London life, Anyway as someone mentioned to me recently, blogging is so over now it's probably cool again. I can blog ironically.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES!!! You're back! cagole!